• Type: Publication series
  • Date: 8/30/2013

United States – U.S. Embassies and Consulates Can Certify Documentation for ITIN Applications 

The U.S. IRS has updated the Obtaining an ITIN from Abroad webpage with information as to who may certify copies of original documents proving identity and foreign status for purposes of applying for an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). The webpage indicates that the IRS will accept copies of original documents if the copies have been properly certified by the government agency that issued them, or employees of the U.S. State Department located in U.S. embassies and consulates abroad.


Subscribe to receive Flash International Executive Alert in your inbox

Subscribe now

Flash Alerts Region list

To view Flash Alerts by country, click on a region. In the country list on the right, click on a country name.



Flash Alert home


Global Mobility home