South Africa

Tax Careers 

As tax issues become more complex and the world’s markets become so closely inter-connected and inter-dependent, companies need tax advisors with the skills and adaptability to guide them in a variety of different circumstances.

As a leading name in the South African Tax Advisory environment, we can offer you the challenges and opportunities you are seeking, in an uplifting, team-based environment.


One of the key elements to our success is our ability to develop progressive strategies to address our clients’ business issues. We also know that technical skills alone are not sufficient. That’s why we also focus on nurturing and honing your essential business skills.


At KPMG you will be working with a network of tax professionals in multidisciplinary teams, combining their in-depth knowledge of local tax rules and industry practices. You will be expected to focus on the business or personal issues behind a tax problem and apply your technical skills and commercial acumen.


Frequently asked questions: Tax

Can I enter your Tax Department as a graduate?

Yes, you can. A career in tax is probably one of the most demanding, intellectually stimulating and varied careers in the whole business.

As a trainee tax consultant working in KPMG’s Tax practice, it is innovation, judgment and knowledge, together with problem-solving skills, that can make a difference to our clients’ business strategies.

Trainees will become professionals and key members of teams, which have the ability to identify, develop and implement tax-based strategies tailored to our clients’ specific business needs.

Our aim is to provide practical, business-orientated advice to our corporate clients in the face of a fiercely competitive global market where technology and economic factors are changing rapidly.


What personal attributes do I need?

To be successful in this field, you have to be a team player, a strong all-rounder and have strong communication and analytical skills.


What qualifications do I need?

You will need a BCom (Accounting), LLB, or HDip Tax.

Experienced Hires