Frequently Asked Questions 

Got a question on our graduate job opportunities? Find answers here.
Page banner image
Do I need to graduate with an Accountancy degree to work in KPMG?

Certainly not as we value graduates from different disciplines and we review each application based on merit.

  • For Audit, we welcome Accounting, Business, Finance or Economics majors to apply with us.
  • For Advisory, we consider Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information System and Information Technology graduates.
  • For Tax, we will consider graduates from any discipline.

What does KPMG look for?

We take a holistic approach in selecting our candidates. Besides academic results, we also take into consideration a combination of factors like online reasoning test results, internship experiences, extra-curricular activities, community service involvements as well as other leadership qualities and competencies that are aligned with KPMG core values.

If I am offered a position with KPMG, when should I expect to commence?

Audit associates typically start in September while Tax/Advisory associates start in July. The specific commencement date will be stated in your letter of appointment.

What sort of training can I expect when I am onboard?

As a valued employee of KPMG, our dedicated Learning & Development team offers a suite of courses relevant to your grade and business unit. These courses are a mix of technical training (Audit, Tax and Advisory specific), risk management as well as soft skills. In-house training is usually scheduled in the months of June to September during the audit off peak period and each professional staff will expect to receive an average of 50–80 hours of professional training a year.

Would there be opportunities for internal transfers or short-term voluntary secondments to other departments?

During the respective function's off-peak periods, staff who wish to seek short-term secondments or internal transfers to other departments should discuss their request with their performance manager or mentors for consideration.

Are there opportunities for overseas assignments in KPMG besides Global Opportunities (GO) programme?

Depending on the client assignments you receive, you may need to travel intermittently. There are also occasions where our staff are put on overseas engagements for an extended period.

Do I get an opportunity to specialise in a particular industry when I join?

The Audit function is divided into 4 business unit – Electronics & Chemicals (E&C), Diversified Industrials & Infrastructure (DI&I), Financial Services (FS) and Real Estate & Consumer (RE&C). Depending on the job assignments, new entrants will work on 80% of their portfolio in a particular business unit and the other 20% in other business units.

Tax and Advisory functions are organised by service lines and lines of business. Tax and Advisory Associates will receive general training in the respective service lines before specialising in a particular industry.

For Students, Poly & Graduates

new apply now
new apply now

Quick links

If you need more information on the opportunities we offer, ask us!
KPMG Singapore Careers
Like us on facebook and stay connected for updates
The Choice (PDF, 492KB)
Download The Choice brochure and see how you can Be One of Us