How KPMG can help
We help organisations discover what happened, why it happened, and who or what was responsible.
Digital evidence recovery
- Analysing systems to identify and preserve sensitive data.
- Recovering deleted or damaged data.
- Reviewing reports prepared for use in litigation.
- Detecting, confirming and reconstructing suspicious events using both traditional investigative techniques and advanced forensic technologies.
- Monitoring networks to detect IT policy breaches and other unauthorised events.
Forensic data analysis
Using data mining and visualisation techniques to uncover previously unobserved patterns and relationships that point to irregular behaviour, including fraud.
Visual intelligence analysis
Finding significant relationships and events by using sophisticated visualisation techniques to analyse large and complex data arrays.
Why choose KPMG?
KPMG Forensic in New Zealand is part of an international group of over 2000 accountants, investigators and other professionals. We are extensively experienced in:
- forensic accounting
- providing expert testimony
- asset tracing
- fraud risk management
- forensic data analysis
- computer forensics
- anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing
We bring to each engagement a depth of resources, an independent mindset, professional leadership and a flexible approach to our services.
Why forensic technology matters
In the modern, digital world, investigations, dispute resolution and regulatory compliance rely on information held on computers and other electronic media. Forensic technology can prevent a threat becoming a disaster.
Organisations of all kinds must consider how they will respond if their IT infrastructure is penetrated or compromised. Can they assess the integrity of electronic evidence used in commercial litigation or criminal proceedings? What should they do if their data communications networks are being misused?