On April 15, 2008 KPMG International declared the adoption of a global approach for dealing with climate changes, reducing greenhouse gas emissions and a green initiative.
We, at KPMG Somekh Chaikin, have joined this effort for the purpose of reducing the carbon imprint of the organization by 10% over a three year period beginning from January 2010.
In order to do so, the firm has made technological and logistical changes as well as promotional efforts. The principal partners of the process are the employees who implement the change in thinking and help to reduce our pollution as an organization. All of us here at the firm are committed to a green and healthy earth!
So what have we done until now?
- We have placed baskets for recycling plastic and glass bottles and tin cans. The money collected from recycling the bottles is donated to another blessed cause – Variety Israel.
- We collect all our paper for recycling.
- The firm’s computers that are no longer used are sold as spare parts for reuse, and if this cannot be done they are handed over to a company for that takes them to a collection and recycling center. The firm also enables its employees to make use of this service.
- Paper – We use a printing control program and also use economical printing definitions.
- We collect batteries for recycling.
- We use a sophisticated system that at the end of the workday and on weekends turns off the air conditioners and lights.
- We use water saving devices. The process of going green at KPMG Somekh Chaikin is led by the green team – which has prepared and is leading and implementing the new process on behalf of the firm. In addition, we have established a “green committee” which is comprised of green leaders who care.