The last decade has seen organizations invest significant resources in new technologies that have often led to massive information creation and storage. The growth of information received, created and stored in organizations will continue to accelerate at rates not seen before. This, combined with the demands of electronic discovery, creates significant challenges, risks and costs for organizations. KPMG works with its clients to help ensure that the information, the infrastructure and the governance structures are fully aligned by:
- Assessing existing capabilities, organizational culture and regulatory frameworks;
- Developing effective governance structures;
- Defining appropriate Record Retention guidelines that support effective records management;
- Introducing wide-ranging e-discovery policies, practices and supporting approaches; and
- Providing leading e-discovery services for collection, processing, review, production and presentation of evidence.
We offer practical advice and professional support to clients seeking to improve their capabilities and align their information management and e-discovery competencies within their Governance, Risk and Compliance frameworks.
- Proactively manage information
- Retain records for as long as required
- Assess information management maturity
- Choose the appropriate document management system
- Train employees about how to improve information management
- Collaborate more effectively
- Manage knowledge
- Review workflows
- Assess litigation and discovery readiness
- Internalize parts of the electronic discovery process
- Develop litigation hold policy and process
- Choose the right hold and collection approaches
We also work with our clients to help develop their information management software and hardware RFPs and RFIs, and support their decision making process by providing them with our technology-neutral and vendor-agnostic experience. Thereafter, we accompany our clients in the deployment and implementation of technology tools to help ensure the project is delivered according to its needs, on time and on budget.
Our approach is to support clients to take control of the information overload in order to help reduce risks and burdens, and help manage costs relating to inefficient information management, litigation and investigation.
KPMG's access to a global network of information technology and security, project management, records management and legal professionals brings a consistent global approach, combined with a tailored local focus, to sensitive and complicated cross-border engagements.
KPMG's Information Management and e-Discovery professionals are trusted advisers to some of the world's leading enterprises. Through a global network of member firms, we have access to teams located in the major developed markets as well as the key emerging economies in Central and Eastern Europe, Russia, South America, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia.