You’ve read the news: Africa’s economy will be the fastest-growing continent in the world over the next five years, having undergone the biggest perception makeover in history in little more than a decade.
- The staggering amount of still untapped mineral wealth, oil and gas supplies and uncultivated arable land on a landmass that can comfortably house China, India, the US and Western Europe.
- The most favourable demographic of any emerging market. Africa has a population of a billion people with 50% under the age of 34.
- A fast-growing middle class with 500 million new consumers expected to start shopping in the next 10 years.
- The urgent need for infrastructure across the 54 countries to support other essential developments.
From Ethiopia to Ghana; Nigeria to Mozambique, many of Africa’s economies are marching to the drumbeat of progress and we are well placed to make sure that you capture the business opportunities available and mitigate the risks.
With offices in 33 countries, and one more about to open in Ethiopia, our teams have crucial local knowledge of tax regimes, political systems and cultural quirks so critical to successful business operations.
Our integrated approach to the region – all African member firms act as one under a single leadership team - means that you can be assured of consistent high quality and cross-border coordination.
Links to the KPMG network worldwide and international expertise is also vital to us being able to provide an excellent, multi-disciplinary client experience.
- Supporting the setup of a telecom shared service centre operation spanning 22 countries
- Advising on and raising capital for power projects in Zimbabwe and Mozambique
- Holistic support for an African rail network rebuild project, the biggest rail project in the world.
Our market entry team is a dedicated senior specialist resource representing the main regions in Africa.
We look forward to meeting you and sharing our experiences on the continent with you!