Regulatory reform, more stringent capital requirements, risk management considerations, disruptive technologies, a low interest rate environment, and enhanced reporting requirements are all challenges to growth in banking and capital markets. Sophisticated strategies and solutions will be required for financial institutions to gain a competitive edge. KPMG professionals assist many of today's largest banks with their most challenging issues in every segment of the regulatory industry.
Our Regulatory professionals (both local and international) possess the broad knowledge and industry skills to address the diverse business needs of our growing client base.
KPMG’s unique regulatory service offering to our clients in this area is that we function as a one-stop shop, bringing accounting, regulatory, risk management and other expertises to the table in one go. Our specialists work closely together on many of our clients, pulling together as a team in order to find the right solutions. We provide clarity and simplicity, regardless of whether straightforward or complex issues need resolving.
- Regulatory complexity and uncertainty;
- Diminished returns;
- Aligning strategic and business model choices to the new environment;
- Big data, little use;
We provide quality services for organisations that require an audit / advisory services for regulatory reasons. We can also address the gaps identified under the regulatory agenda as outlined below
- Regulatory audits / advisory services relating to regulatory reporting, leading to enhanced reporting to the Regulator;
- Assist with compliance with regulations;
- Training, tailored to the specific needs and circumstances of the client;
- Assist in responding to individual initiatives - compliance with detailed requirements and meeting new and expanding reporting requirements i.e. Capital, Liquidity; Recovery and resolution planning and bail-in liabilities; structural separation; market infrastructure change; supervision and governance.
- Assist in responding to the combined and cumulative impact of regulatory initiatives: structural change; re-pricing of products and services; the capital and liquidity interface; collateral management;
- Assist in combining regulatory reform challenges with other challenges - shaping business models - Assist in improving the clients efficiency - while still attracting investors i.e. shifting geographies and international business models; Optimising business and control functions; IT investments;
- Assist with confirmation of accounting/regulatory treatments with respect to complex transactions;
- Assist with the monitoring of prospective accounting and regulatory changes;
- Assist with special-purpose regulatory engagements;
- Assist with Securitisations Reviews;
- Gap Analysis of Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process for Banks;
- Assist with the independent review of externally reported information;
Gap Analysis of Pillar III disclosures.