South African banks are under unprecedented pressure in the 21st century. It is impossible to avoid the global influence of increased regulation and the risk of sovereign default in Europe, while at the local level, impairments, asset valuation, the implications of new regulations and the focus on executive and non-executive remuneration all vie for the attention of senior management.
Our Banking professionals can assist you to address these issues and achieve your business objectives. Our service offering includes:
- Provision of external and internal audit services
- Assistance with the adoption of new financial reporting standards
- Accounting advice and opinions on new products or structures
- Advice on applications to regulatory authorities for banking licences
- Business process reviews
- Ensuring regulatory compliance
- Actuarial services including financial modelling and capital management
- Adherence to anti-money laundering requirements
- Conducting risk management reviews
- Integrated reporting advisory and reporting.
We work with leading clients in the banking sector. They depend on KPMG to augment their internal capabilities and obtain a fresh, informed and independent perspective on important strategic and operational issues.