KPMG's Energy Practice is a multidisciplinary team with deep industry experience. We offer customized, industry-focused Audit, Tax, and Advisory services. Our industry-trained and highly qualified professionals focus on your specific needs and draw on international resources when required.
KPMG's Energy professionals serve organizations operating in the following sectors:
- Oil & Gas
- Power & Utilities
- Energy Services
As growing demand for oil and gas puts increasing pressure on existing reserves, a renewed focus is underway to locate new resources, with a requirement for significant new investment in exploration and development activities. These activities give rise to a range of important issues, including:
- managing remote location risk
- rationalising costs
- managing tax expenses
- improving systems and processes.
With support from KPMG’s Global Oil & Gas Centres of Excellence, and our new Global Energy Institute, we offer a range of services relevant to the needs of the oil and gas industry, including:
- Financial statement audit – both statutory and for joint venture operations
- Information technology assurance and advisory
- Tax compliance and advisory (corporate, indirect, expatriate)
- Capital and operating expenditure monitoring
- Corporate governance support
- Forensic support and dispute advisory services
- Business process improvement
- Internal audit, risk and control services
- Capital structure efficiency and debt advisory
- Transaction opportunity identification and negotiation support
- Financial due diligence and tax structuring advice
- Corporate finance and valuations.
We have established relationships with the Trinidad and Tobago Energy Chamber, the Ministry of Energy and Energy Affairs, the Board of Inland Revenue and other relevant ministries and departments. Through these relationships and those with our clients, we are able to contribute to relevant debates over topical industry issues.