We specialise in lead-managing divestments to trade players, institutional investors and also to management.
Sale mandates can be complex and time consuming for you and your key staff. We can alleviate these challenges using our proven lead-advisory approach. The fact is, the skills and insight that we have gained from advising clients on hundreds of transactions both in New Zealand and overseas can save you time, reduce stress, costs and maximise your sale price.
Securing a sale that meets your price expectations is the cornerstone of a successful divestment. However, it’s also vital to maximise and protect your sale proceeds and to achieve this, we can introduce you to our team of specialist tax advisers who can guide you regarding optimising your tax position.
Our approach to divestments
Our approach is targeted and rigorous. Our goal is to get results and meet your exit objectives and is based on decades of mergers and acquisitions experience.
Phase 1: “Go/No Go”
This phase ensures you are ‘sale ready’ and your price expectations are clearly agreed.
- Establishing if ‘now’ is an optimal time to sell or if key actions are recommended to maximise the value of the operation and the timing of exit.
- Understanding what is for sale and if any ‘carve outs’ are required and how they may impact on the saleability of the business or division, and
- Agreeing a ‘Base Price’ for the sale of the business utilising our extensive valuation expertise.
Phase 2: The sale
Here we focus on procuring the sale of the business or division.
- Purchaser research to identify possible buyers for the enterprise. This will include gaining your input on likely interested parties in addition to accessing our local and global sources of potential purchasers for the business.
- Producing the selling documentation (Information Memorandum) for review by potential buyers where we will highlight core sources of value and possible synergies.
- Initiating direct contact with agreed potential buyers to establish interest in the opportunity to acquire.
- Agreeing with you which parties to provide with the selling document followed by securing confidentiality arrangements and circulating the Information Memorandum.
- Receiving, analysing and concluding on Indicative bids received, being cognizant of the Base Price and any other conditions that may be relevant.
- Confirming the bidder shortlist and preparing the electronic data room.
- Providing buyers with access to the electronic data room, filtering and forwarding the purchasers’ questions and overall ensuring a smooth due diligence phase.
- Reviewing and analysing final offers and advising the preferred bidder of their success on progressing to final negotiations.
- Negotiating final contracts to completion in conjunction with your tax specialists and legal advisers.
- Concluding the sale
We are proud of our comprehensive and effective sales process.
But that’s not enough.
As our client you get access to the know-how and creative abilities of our senior M&A advisers whose abilities include a blend of sharp commercial insight, negotiation diplomacy and when required assertive communication. For you, this means peace of mind and certainty knowing that the best possible team is on your side.