To help clients develop a successful enterprise risk management initiative, we:
- conduct an enterprise risk assessment
- assess the current state of risk management practices
- develop a practical road map to achieve a desired state of risk management
- transfer knowledge and provide training.
KPMG’s ERM service is not a one-size-fits-all proposition; we consider the varied maturity of organisations and apply a phased approach to match an organisation’s culture and timeline.
Our methodology acts as a guide to help our clients identify, manage and communicate key risks. This can provide an opportunity to formalise accountability and risk oversight responsibilities of the board and other monitors (e.g. internal audit, compliance, SOX etc).
KPMG's methodology also allows companies to implement a sustainable programme that continually achieves and maintains compliance and acts as a strategic, monitoring and reporting tool.
Why choose KPMG?
With wide experience gained from working across several industries, KPMG’s enterprise risk management teams have assisted large multinational businesses and public sector organisations to implement sustainable enterprise risk management initiatives.
Enterprise risk management projects are based on our global KPMG methodology. This includes access to a core team of specialists and KPMG industry and subject matter specialists.
Our team is supported by a strong knowledge management structure and leading practices are shared across KPMG's firms worldwide.
How ERM can benefit your organisation
Implementing and enhancing enterprise risk management can:
- protect corporate brands and value propositions
- meet stakeholder needs (e.g. regulatory compliance, more transparent communications, etc)
- provide a useful strategic tool
- embed risk and control awareness into decision making
- prepare Board and management for surprises (i.e. emerging risks)
- improve accountability among all levels of management and Board
- rationalise the monitoring functions.
Many corporate executives are under pressure to better understand the risks facing their organisations and how risks may affect corporate strategy.
Analyst ratings agencies and regulators are placing increased importance on enterprise risk management programmes at the companies they follow.
KPMG firms’ ERM services provide a reliable framework that identifies, analyses and monitors risks to meet the needs of stakeholders and improves risk-based decision-making.