- Profit expectations are up 7% yet business confidence is still fragile – especially in some key export markets.
- M&A capacity in NZ has improved, however debt levels are still high relative to global averages.
- NZ deal volumes are down significantly.
- A possible return to greater deal volumes in NZ over the coming 12 months, given positive profit expectations and improved debt capacity.
- Investment out of Asia is a continuing theme, particularly in the agri-business sector.
Released every 6 months, this is a forward-looking tool that helps you consider the trends and expectations in New Zealand’s merger and acquisition (M&A) activity based on some simple indicators.