Luxembourg’s sound economic fundamentals, exceptional business environment, first-class infrastructure, ideal geographic position in Western Europe, and social and political stability testify to its prime location for the Energy and Natural Resources business and corporate headquarters.
The energy and natural resources industry is confronted with formidable challenges and profound uncertainties. Businesses in this sector need forward thinking advice and practical strategies from professionals who understand their businesses and their challenges. KPMG is a leading firm in serving mining, oil & gas exploration and production as well as power generation and distribution companies. The energy industry is one of KPMG’s major industry groups.
The KPMG Global Energy Institute is a worldwide knowledge-sharing forum on current and upcoming industry trends, risks and opportunities, and helps shed light on topics ranging from mergers and acquisitions to sustainability.
KPMG Luxembourg's ENR team is composed of experts in the fields of audit, tax and advisory. Our services focus on assisting our firm’s clients addresses key issues facing the Luxembourg energy industry including:
- Advice on tax efficient holding, financing and IP structures
- Withholding tax planning
- Tax incentives, grants and subsidies
- VAT advisory services
- Tax compliance services
- Transfer pricing
- Financing & Debt advisory
- Cost management and regulatory costing
- Carbon trading compliance and strategy
- Energy trading and risk management systems advice
- Carbon footprint advisory services
- Corporate responsibility strategy development
- Valuation services
- Accounting expertise
- IFRS and Luxembourg GAAP training
- Independent financial statement audits