- Tax due diligence - identifying the tax exposure of a deal and how it may be mitigated, with clear focus on risk assessment.
- Structuring an acquisition or disposition - advice on the tax consequences of individual acquisitions, joint ventures and divestments in order to help design tax-efficient deal structures.
- Tax modeling - assistance in forecasting post-deal tax liabilities in business models.
- Vendor assistance - Preparation of vendor side documentation and tax advice on the tax implications of the sale of a business, including pre-deal reorganization measures and settlement of historic tax risks
- Post-deal integration - helping member firms' clients reconcile their own tax positions and those of the acquired business.
How we can help your business
Using KPMG’s global network and experienced professionals across different services areas, we can help companies understand processes, avoid pitfalls and seize opportunities of deals. We understand the practical impact of tax developments from one country to the next and when we spot opportunities, we know how to act on them to benefit member firms’ clients and their stakeholders.
With a strong focus on transactions with a private equity background, KPMG’s M&A Tax professionals are commercially minded and deal hardened — they know how to identify and advise on the material tax exposures in a transaction and to develop deal structures that appropriately address the tax implications. Working on transactions day-by-day, they are process-driven and understand the mechanics of acquisition and disposals in a competitive environment.