We have also been recognised by a number of external organizations for our commitment to our people. KPMG was recently named one of the '"150 Best Companies to Work For" in the annual lists published by Voĉe S.A. and Exame and one of the "50 Best Companies for Internship".
In 2008, we expanded our service lines with a 16 percent increase in Auditing services, a 23 per cent rise in Tax advisory services1
. Other areas also showed exponential growth: the volume of Transaction Services increased twofold2
between 2007 and 2008 and the Capital Markets department grew by 300 percent in the last three years3
The 2010 mandatory adoption in Brazil of the International Financial Reporting Standards and of the Basel II standards for a revised international capital framework, coupled with changes to Brazilian tax legislation, mean good prospects for growth in our auditing and advisory activities in the near future.
Working with us can be rewarding for other reasons as well. We have a history of success in corporate citizenship initiatives and continually encourage our people to dedicate time to working for our communities. This is the way of life in Brazil. Top 10 reasons to work for KPMG in Brazil
1. Lots of challenges — At the same time as meeting our required standards of quality and excellence, we'll be expecting you to take on new things and continue your professional development.
2. Defined career plans — We offer solid and clearly defined career plans using established professional performance management tools.
3. Diverse clients — Our clients operate in a wide variety of industries and service segments which means you'll have diverse activities and not be stuck doing just repetitive, routine work.
4. Improve technical skills — You'll have the opportunity to improve your technical skills and learn new management processes you can use in other countries.
5. Great working environment — We have a friendly working environment and a culture of respect, meritocracy, teamwork and open communication.
6. Global mobility opportunities — We have an excellent global mobility program giving you the opportunity to work all over the world.
7. Friendly people — Brazilians are known for their warmth, friendliness and inclusiveness.
8. Fantastic climate — Brazil is blessed with a climate that means almost every day is summer.
9. Social life — From theaters and restaurants to the annual country-wide Carnaval, socialising in Brazil is a regular part of life and work.
10. Superb beaches — Hanging out on the golden sands is a regular weekend fixture for many Brazilians.
Data released by the financial department for the KPMG Brazil 2009 Annual Report. 2
Interview with William Rinehart. 3
Interview with Rogerio Andrade.