With significant shale gas potential in Lithuania, Hungary and Bulgaria, there are signs that local conditions – including geology, as well as regulatory and legal frameworks – are typically very different from those prevailing in North America, where local companies first engaged in shale gas exploitation activities.
There is no doubt that development of the shale gas industry is inevitable in this region; there are proven reserves in several countries, and all, without exception, are desperate to diversify their energy supplies.
- Executive summary
- Defining CEE energy markets
- Importance of shale gas in CEE
- Comparison of shale gas in the US and CEE
- Public acceptance of shale gas development
- Economics of shale gas
- Country profiles: Poland, Romania, Ukraine
- Country profiles: Lithuania, Hungary, Bulgaria
- Potential shale markets
- Investment potentials
- Country abbreviations
- What can KPMG offer to the shale gas sector