Astrus uses advanced search technology to cover an extensive range of on-line public data sources including global sanctions and regulatory enforcement lists, corporate records, court filings, and press and media archives. Important integrity and reputational information on subjects is identified and interpreted by dedicated KPMG analysts. Astrus leverages the collective knowledge of KPMG’s Corporate Intelligence teams globally to help clients assess reputational, regulatory and jurisdictional risk.
You can use Astrus to:
- Help manage integrity risks arising from business with customers, such as money laundering or proceeds of crime as part of an anti-money laundering (AML) / know your customer (KYC) process, and in order to comply with legislation such as the United States PATRIOT Act
- Proactively manage integrity risks arising from business you conduct via third parties, such as agents, intermediaries or brokers, including corruption risks. Astrus reports can be used to support compliance with legislation such as the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), the UK Bribery Act and the OECD Anti-Bribery Convention
- Identify politically exposed persons (PEPs) or state-owned entities (SOEs) you may be dealing with
- Help inform your decision-making in response to counter-terrorist financing (CTF) legislation and financial sanctions, and
- Investigate the track record and probity of an organization or individual to assess their suitability as a supplier/vendor or business partner
Astrus provides access to fast turnaround, fixed-price, standard scope enhanced due diligence reports. These reports are suitable in situations where an overview of a wide range of on-line public data sources is required, in particular to identify apparent “red flags” or integrity warning indicators.