Our Restructuring and Turnaround teams provide advice to the primary stakeholders of stressed and distressed businesses in order to help stabilize and implement a process for sustainable strategic, operational, and financial change. Our aim is to help facilitate the turnaround of the performance of our clients’ business, and assist with restructuring strategies that can enhance or preserve value for all stakeholders.
How We Can Help
Our Restructuring and Turnaround professionals have deep experience guiding companies that are in stress and distress, and our services include:
- Financial restructuring
- Operational restructuring, including cost optimization and cost reduction strategies
- Cash and working capital management
- Turnaround planning
- Exit planning and implementation
- Debtor, creditor, or court-driven formal restructurings under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act or the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act.
Finding one’s way through a financial crisis is challenging. With the right guidance, the task can be made easier, but speed of response is essential. Early identification of problems allows for a better chance of recovery.
Domestic Capability with Global Reach
KPMG’s Restructuring and Turnaround professionals are trusted advisers to the boards of many of Canada’s leading private and public enterprises, as well as major financial institutions, private equity investors, bondholders, and governments. We have in-depth experience across all major industry sectors and geographies. We relish the challenges involved in dealing with complex, multi-jurisdictional restructurings and insolvencies.
We seek to provide consistent, cost-effective, and high-quality service based on our access to:
- Over 80 professionals in our Canadian Restructuring and Turnaround service line dedicated to serving our clients in financial stress and distress
- Professionals across our Transactions & Restructuring practice, who bring strong capabilities in valuation, financial and commercial due diligence, M&A transaction management, and tax
- Over 1,200 Restructuring professionals worldwide with advanced transaction advisory, cash management, and operational and financial restructuring skills
- A coordinated global platform, with member firms in 144 countries
- The extensive resources of one of the world’s leading business advisory networks.