KPMG has an in-depth understanding of the Canadian forestry industry. We've worked with forestry clients on a number of projects, including:
- Planning for the sustainable management of forestlands
- Auditing forestlands and operations for compliance with various types of certification
- Providing due diligence by professionals with on-the-ground experience
- Assessing the impact of trade duties on exported timber and forest products
- Developing effective tax structures for corporate tax, special partnerships, and joint ventures
- Identifying and implementing cost optimization approaches
- Implementation and conversion to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
KPMG has a team of professional foresters and biologists, experienced auditors, tax and financial advisers, and environmental systems practitioners who help forest companies to understand their strategic issues and how they can resolve them.