Against this context, the Australian banking industry continues to perform strongly compared to international peers. Our banks are well capitalised, continue to achieve robust profits, and are well positioned to meet new global capital and liquidity regulatory requirements.
However, future challenges remain, such as a slowing local economy, subdued demand for credit, low levels of impairments, margin pressure and fast-evolving consumer demands. In such an environment, protecting and growing shareholder value requires that banks be customer focused and disciplined in their execution, whilst always maintaining a strong focus on managing their risk appetite and capital efficiency.
KPMG’s Banking practice is one of the leaders in the marketplace. Combining a strong local presence with access to a global network of banking professionals, KPMG’s Banking practice in Australia is well placed to help our clients successfully navigate through these challenging times and capitalise on opportunities as they arise.
We work closely with clients on a range of matters:
- external and internal audit
- corporate tax management and specialist tax services
- risk management and controls
- fraud risk management and anti-money laundering activities
- capital adequacy and liquidity management
- regulatory compliance and licence requirements
- IT assurance and advisory, such as core systems, payments and mobile
- business intelligence and data analytics
- cost reduction and productivity improvements
- customer and channel management, including digital strategy
- finance function and operational transformation
- corporate restructuring
- mergers, acquisitions and divestments.