The Australian Government’s Department of Defence has embarked on a substantial program of reform involving every aspect of the enterprise. Deep reform and ongoing business improvement are essential in delivering the Australian Defence Force of the future.
KPMG is a leader in the commercial world and deeply experienced in the complex Defence environment. We support Defence with a complete range of advisory capabilities that focus on managing risk and delivering successful business outcomes. These include:
- Financial management, costing, budgeting and reporting services.
- Project lifecycle support and sustaining in-service operations and capabilities, including procurement and commercial advice, assurance, capability development, supply chain and asset management, infrastructure and property advice.
- IT advisory services involving strategy and governance, security and controls and project assurance and support.
- Business advice including strategy and business case production, business process improvement, organisational design and change management, and program and project management.
- Business reform support covering planning, developing, executing and reporting on major transformation initiatives. In doing so, we draw on our experience of similarly large and complex commercial and government organisations.
KPMG is a trusted adviser to Defence and over the past 5 years has worked across all key domains of the organisation.
We are outcome focussed and work collaboratively with our clients across Defence to develop and execute strategies that are sustainable, commercial and dependable.
We comply with Defence’s standard contractual requirements and are accredited under the Defence Industry Security Program.
We can be readily accessed through all of the key Defence panels.
We communicate openly and honestly and conduct business on a basis of mutual trust and respect.