- tax exemption for earnings on superannuation assets supporting income streams will be capped at $100,000, with a concessional tax rate of 15 percent applying thereafter
- design and administration of the higher concessional contributions cap will be simplified
- treatment of concessional contributions in excess of the annual cap will be reformed
- the normal deeming rules to superannuation account-based income streams will be extended
- concessional tax treatment to deferred lifetime annuities will be extended
- further reforms to the arrangements for lost superannuation.
This Tax in Focus brief provides commentary based on the limited material available to date.