KPMG Partner David Heathcote discusses if they're delivering on their promise of 2013 and the outlook for 2014.
- Domestic debt market volumes in 2013 increased 25 percent from 2012.
- Loan market activity reached dizzying heights not seen since the GFC.
- The M&A market at the top end of town struggled with subdued volumes evidenced in 2013, but is beginning to display a strong pulse in 2014.
- Despite the Australian exchange rate depreciating against major currencies there is still a high level of interest to tap offshore markets and explore local domestic capital markets for diversification purposes.
- Concerns over food security in Asia is driving strong offshore interest in Australian assets to support growing Asia populations and their need for a clean green food supply chain.