At KPMG, we believe that the active management of corporate tax issues is a core business discipline. The multidisciplinary nature of KPMG allows us to provide broad ranging advice to our clients in respect of operational, financing, accounting and taxation issues.
Our Corporate Tax practice provides a wide range of taxation services to clients in several sectors including financial services, mining, as well as consumer and industrial markets. In addition to providing tax services to our clients, we have developed various methodologies which assist clients take advantage of tax efficiencies.
We have established good working relationships with the South African Revenue Service (SARS) and the National Treasury and regularly provide comment on draft legislation before it is passed into law. Our dedicated tax team also monitors legislation and industry developments that may influence our clients’ needs and tax benefits. We are therefore able to advise our clients of anticipated changes that may affect their business needs.
We offer progressive approaches and advice on the full range of corporate tax matters with particular emphasis on the opportunities and issues flowing from:
- Group re-structures
- Corporate compliance
- Corporate tax planning and consulting
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate restructuring
- Management and leveraged buy-outs
- Disposal of businesses
- Structuring of new ventures
- Capital Gains Tax
- Innovative incentive scheme assistance
- Due Diligence
- Liaison with SARS on behalf of clients, including responding to SARS queries and preparing objections and appeals
- Dispute resolution and tax controversy services
- Research and development
- Incentive Tax
- Financial Services
- Private Equity (Mergers & Acquisitions)
- Oil and Gas
- Consumer Markets (Retail)
- Energy and Mineral Resources, including Mining