Our Corporate Intelligence solutions are partly informed by information gathering from public sources which we rate according to their reliability. These sources vary from dedicated databases to formal and social media, and are gathered electronically or by manual process.
We also perform human intelligence gathering by interviewing persons we consider to be reliable sources of relative information. The information so gathered is then analysed with reference to the objectives of the assignment in order to distil intelligence, which is conveyed to our clients with reference to an assessment of the strength of such intelligence.
- Understanding business partners
We help clients bridge the gap between what is known and unknown in relation to a specific business partner or transaction and we help them understand the risks and opportunities around the transaction.
- Supplier and counterparty risk
We help clients review counter-parties in their supply chains to determine where there are reputational or financial risks. We identify non-financial and external factors that can affect future financial strength and performance of the company.
- New market entry
We help clients review the broader risks around their entry into new countries, especially emerging and unfamiliar markets. We typically provide intelligence and analysis on the people and organisations that are most likely to have an impact on their business. We help clients benchmark and prioritise integrity risks across and within countries.
- Investigations support
We support an investigation by obtaining and analyzing information on suspected individuals or entities where a client requires a confidential approach. We provide support to corporate and legal clients investigating fraud, corruption or other malpractice and provide intelligence to clients in the context of business disputes and litigation.
- Asset tracing
Our asset-tracing abilities help lawyers and our clients to identify and locate assets. Our corporate intelligence professionals help our investigation teams in asset tracing work by providing contextual insight, and geographic and historical reach in the identification and tracing of assets.
- Vital insights into critical issues surrounding transactions, business partners, suppliers, counterparties, and entry into new markets.
- Detailed understanding of issues affecting relationships driven by both commercial and regulatory requirements.
- Quality analysis and use of technology in performing analysis of material supported by Corporate
- Strategic and decision making impact of the work we produce
- Professionalism in the location, evaluation and analysis of information with discretion in dealing with our clients’ Corporate Intelligence needs foremost in our minds.
- Flexible approach to reporting
- Understanding the information environment in Africa
- We have dedicated Corporate Intelligence offices in Southern Africa, East Africa and West Africa.
The contact people for these offices are:
- Southern Africa: (Johannesburg, South Africa) - Leon Fouché
- East Africa: (Nairobi, Kenya) – Willie Oelofse
- West Africa: (Lagos, Nigeria) – Srinivasa Rao