Our vision is to turn knowledge into value for the benefit of our clients, our people and the capital markets.
The quality of our independent advice is greatly valued in a number of ways, for example, by:
- encouraging global leadership experience across industries and discipline
- pro-actively creating relationship opportunities for our clients
- putting client service at the forefront of every KPMG engagement
- having specialist business units offering Audit, Tax and Advisory services
- developing meaningful corporate governance and risk management strategies
- assessing and confronting risk
- contributing to and facilitating compliance within a range of regulatory environments
- developing tools and methodologies for mitigating threats posed by an interconnected world
- being a Johannesburg Securities Exchange (JSE) sponsor
- developing skills in environmental risks.
We strive to offer leading global thinking on local, regional and international levels. This thought leadership is developed by way of in-depth and on-going industry experience as well as networking with stakeholders and industry representatives, among other things.
- New Frontiers
On the premise of turning our knowledge into value, KPMG publishes a leading thought leadership magazine, New Frontiers. The publication’s contributors are KPMG people and it covers topical and current industry issues. The publication is distributed to our firms’ people and clients across Africa.
- KPMG Conversation
To facilitate debate and knowledge sharing within the firm, KPMG in South Africa created the ‘Conversation’ platforms. Structured as panel discussions comprising internal and external panellists, the KPMG Conversations are focussed on topical issues across the business environment. The Conversations series has also looked at issues such as the global financial crisis; governance, risk and compliance; climate change; infrastructure; and the post-World Cup™ business landscape in South Africa. Look out for information on the next KPMG Conversation in your area!