Our M&A tax group provides a wide range of tax services covering all types of domestic and cross-border transactions. We have a global network of specialist M&A tax advisers that can help you to understand the issues and maximise value via effective structuring strategies and a commercial approach to tax due diligence.
What's on your mind?
- How to structure the acquisition or disposal of an asset or a company tax efficiently.
- The need to identify historic and future tax exposures in the target and determine how the issues identified should be dealt with in negotiations, deal execution and post transaction planning.
- How to incentivise and retain key staff and optimise their tax position via management incentive planning.
- How to structure the transaction to ensure tax efficient future debt servicing and repayment.
- How to achieve tax efficient returns to shareholders on a future exit or refinancing.
Bringing you peace of mind
- Our M&A team provides a broad range of tax advice covering all types of M&A transactions including acquisitions, disposals, restructurings, refinancing and initial public offerings.
- We use KPMG's global network of specialist M&A tax advisers that can help you understand the issues and maximise value via effective structuring strategies.
- We provide an integrated approach across all geographic locations, co-ordinated centrally by a dedicated M&A tax team based in the UK firm.
What's in it for you?
- Commercially focused tax due diligence which provides an understanding of the tax position of the target and identifies deal breakers early in the transaction process.
- Ensuring disposals are structured to help reduce your tax liability by aiming to maximise the available exemptions and reliefs.
- Acquisition structures tailored to your specific needs, providing flexibility on exit and/or refinancing.
- Ensuring the management equity and incentive arrangements are structured to achieve the commercial objectives and limit the tax cost.
- KPMG in the UK can offer a dedicated team of experienced M&A tax specialists chosen to suit the individual transaction.
- Our network of M&A tax specialists located in our overseas member firms use a common methodology and reporting format.
- The tax implications of a transaction can be managed by this team through the deal cycle, from the initial due diligence phase through structuring and SPA negotiation to considering post deal implementation.