The financial statement audit can provide invaluable business insight of course. But increasingly, business leaders need and can benefit from assurance that goes beyond the traditional external audit.
Deciding which risks are worth taking is challenging enough, but if you are making decisions that rely on information, systems or processes, that are inaccurate, ambiguous or quite simply unknown, risk management becomes risk exposure.
As auditors we can apply the same skills, rigour and robust challenge to many areas of your business that can be quantified and measured. We thrive on complexity and seek to give greater peace of mind wherever there are high levels of uncertainty and concern. Importantly, without the right level of assurance, it's difficult to know if your governance and risk management is right. This is as much about helping you to capitalise on new business opportunities, as it is about mitigating risk.
If we already conduct your financial statement audit, the insights and deep understanding we have about your business can be put instantly to work, quickly and efficiently. You will have already experienced our collaborative approach and ability to operate seamlessly with your business. Our blend of technical and sector experience means that even if we haven't worked with you before, rest assured, we can get to work quickly and add value.
The assurance needs of our clients are sometimes unique. Almost always they can benefit from our ability to draw upon the right mix of skills, from our tax, sustainability, management consulting, forensics, through to our transaction and restructuring professionals. Some examples include:
- Is the management information and key performance metrics that you use to run the business accurate? Are you equally confident about the quality of non financial information as that included within your accounting systems?
- Do you need greater assurance over your investment decisions for your bank, board or audit committee, the quality of your data, or the robustness of your performance against forecasts?
- Are you in need of more assurance before making an acquisition, or need to minimise the risk of capital loss or business failure after an acquisition?
- Do you need ethical assurance over your supply chain processes and controls to avoid reputational damage?
- Are you comfortable that your internal controls are responding adequately to increased scrutiny and regulation?
- Are your tax controls operating effectively and will you be able to give a clean sign off to HMRC under the new SAO rules?
- Would greater assurance over the capture, processing and accounting of your intellectual property help to identify cash or profit generation opportunities?
- If you report your sustainability performance in your annual report, or as a separate CSR report, do you need an independent opinion for your key stakeholders?
Contact us if you are seeking greater assurance.