What's on your mind?
- Evaluating the risks and benefits of a potential acquisition and achieving value from the transaction
- Estimating the potential benefits (both cost and revenue), one-off costs of integration, and likely phasing
- Challenging operational management to identify and quantify stretching but realistic synergy opportunities
How we can help
- We help identify and challenge all areas of benefit and one-off costs from a transaction, and help estimate likely timing/ phasing of these
- We benchmark against comparable transactions
- We develop a high-level assessment of risks and drive momentum by informing early integration planning requirements and prioritising areas for implementation
- The above steps help the board of Directors satisfy itself that it has undertaken a robust process to estimate synergies
Bringing you peace of mind
Supporting achievement of deal value through:
- Provision of an objective and robust evaluation of synergies
- Utilisation of our experience, deal insights and structured approach
- Provision of a seamless end to end support across the transaction cycle from pre-deal to post deal implementation
- We have a proven track record of helping clients deliver value from their deals
- Our team of transaction experts understand and have experience dealing with the challenges you face in the deal
- We have collective experience of over 500 deals, with the sector expertise and global reach to support your M&A activity across the world
KPMG were approached by a large consumer goods business to assist them to assess the synergies from a potential merger.
We provided a full range of financial and commercial transaction support, and worked with the management team to support them in assessing the potential synergies from the deal.
A separate team also undertook a separate ‘clean team’ exercise that helped management to estimate potential procurement synergies without either party releasing commercially sensitive information to the other.
We commented on the synergies identified by management in a private report to the board covering:
- management’s assumptions for revenue and cost synergies and factors which management considered might have a material impact on the achievement of these synergies
- phasing of potential benefits
- estimated costs of implementation
- significant integration issues and execution risks, including the status of integration planning
We also provided the reports required by applicable regulation.