Members of our UK team are regularly appointed as an expert witness. In addition, they can assist in resolving disputes as an independent arbitrator or as a tribunal appointed expert.
KPMG member firms have helped to represent clients under the auspices of the following major international arbitration and dispute resolution bodies:
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID)
- United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL)
- American Arbitration Association (AAA)
- London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC)
- Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (SCC)
- The Danish Institute of Arbitration
Our professionals have calculated quantum in multi-million and multi-billion dollar cases in various jurisdictions and have extensive experience of being cross-examined, presenting well researched evidence and responding effectively to difficult lines of enquiry.
International claims can be difficult to understand and analyse due to the complexity of the issues arising from the international environment, for example different accounting rules, tax rules, customs and practices in the different jurisdictions. Our team has a wealth of experience in dealing with such complex international issues.
Our Dispute Advisory team is made up of accountants who are experienced in the range of issues that can arise in international disputes. The team often works closely with other KPMG professionals such as economists and also industry specialists from the telecommunication, IT, financial and other sectors, as required. These individuals are often appointed as independent experts themselves.
Talk to us to learn why our services are relied upon by leading law firms and find out how we could assist you.