What's on your mind?
- How to develop an operating model for a business unit providing support and development?
- How to design an organisational structure which makes systems and processes more efficient?
- How to assess and implement transformational outsourcing in back office functions across countries?
- How to reduce costs and find efficiencies?
- How to rationalise a supplier base?
- How to source suppliers to drive efficiency and support growth?
Bringing you peace of mind
- Design and implementation of global operating models
We can help your global operations move into an integrated model, spanning changes in organisation, location, process, technology and sourcing. This includes back office functions such as Finance IT, Procurement and HR, middle office activities and customer contact.
- Sourcing and shared service centre rationalisation
By rationalising your supplier base and delivery locations we can help you choose the right supplier and location strategy for your business. We conduct bottom-up reviews of Shared Service Centres and Business Process Outsourcing to help drive consolidation and cost reduction activities across local, national and international locations.
- Outsource supplier selection
We can help you prepare the business case, identify and select the right suppliers, build robust and effective commercial arrangements and provide full transition management whether it be for Finance and Accounting, HR, CRM, Procurement or IT Outsourcing Design and implementation of global operating models.
What's in it for you?
- Improved and more effective operating models and business processes, including standardised systems and operations
- Cost reduction
- Risk management integrated into processes
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Increased productivity
- Rationalisation of supplier base and effective sourcing of suppliers to help drive efficiencies and support growth.
- Proven award winning experience
- Our team have held senior positions in many of the major outsourcing organisations, giving us in depth knowledge of the outsourcing market and its vendors
- Our own offshore delivery centre provides high quality and cost effective analysis, support and transition management.
APACS - bringing faster payments to the UK banking system
The programme to manage the UK Banking Industry's transition to "Faster Payments” - a new system of same-day payments - was a hugely complex £300 million initiative that was six months behind schedule. To get back on track they turned to KPMG.
Taking over the project, we simplified the programme structure and clarified deadlines, produced robust and transparent reporting, and galvanised a diverse group of stakeholders to focus on key milestones.
Leading a team of over 200 people across 13 banks for ten months, we met the revised deadline and satisfied the demands of the Bank of England, Office of Fair Trading and the Treasury. Running 24/7, "Faster Payments” has since processed over 63 million payments in six months and given UK customers a truly world class service.
KPMG demonstrated that we could put together a very experienced team including a number of industry experts. The quality of work on APACS has recently been recognised when we were awarded the 2009 Overall Best Private Sector Project Award and Change Management in the Private Award by the Management Consultancies Association"Delivery of the Faster Payments Service was a massive undertaking. It was not only the first payment system to be introduced in the UK for more than 20 years, but it also offered customers a cutting-edge proposition".
Paul Smee, CEO, APACS