KPMG’s Customer & Channel Management Team helps our clients increase the economic value of their customer relationships. At heart, this entails working with you to gain a deeper understanding of who your customers are and what they want. We can then help enhance your channels, processes, systems and teams to deliver an outstanding customer experience.
- Access to accurate, structured customer data which can provide real insight into what customers want and need.
- An ongoing dialogue with the customer through customer satisfaction surveys, net promoter analysis and emerging channels such as social media.
- A strong focus on managing customer lifetime value through providing tailored solutions and efficient, compliant and customer-centric processes.
- An integrated multi-channel experience that allows customers to manage their interactions with their service providers when and how they want to.
- A commitment to put the customer at the heart of the strategic agenda to respond quickly and effectively to changing customer requirements.
KPMG works with clients in six core areas of Customer & Channel Management:
- Customer Insight & Analytics: designing and implementing programmes to enhance customer revenue, loyalty, advocacy and profitability through insightful use of data.
- Customer Experience: capturing the voice of the customer and defining customer journeys to increase loyalty and brand advocacy.
- Branch Excellence: identifying and responding to opportunities to improve branch efficiency and customer-centricity; defining and delivering consistently high performance in branches; and designing and implementing the ‘Branch of the Future’.
- Digital Excellence: developing internet and mobile strategies that deliver compelling and commercial customer propositions; designing, testing and implementing internet and mobile solutions; leveraging social media to create new ways of engaging and serving customers; and designing and implementing the operating model to support digital channels.
- Sales & Service Excellence: designing and implementing sales and service processes (including complaints handling) that are cost-effective, deliver an outstanding customer experience and comply with all relevant regulations.
- Complaints Management: assessing the maturity and effectiveness of complaint handling capabilities; defining and implementing complaint handling strategies and underlying operating models that achieve a balance of cost effective operations, outstanding customer experience and alignment to regulatory guidelines.
- A clear understanding of who your most profitable customers are, how best to retain them and how to acquire more customers like them.
- Processes and systems that are aligned to deliver a great customer experience at high cost efficiency and with reduced risk of regulatory breaches.
- Channels that encourage your customers to engage with you and leverage fully the benefits of emerging technologies and media.
- An operating model that enables you to respond to emerging customer needs more quickly than your competitors.
- Staff who understand what a great customer experience feels like and who are able and motivated to deliver it.
- A sustainable improvement in the economic value of the customer base.
- We have a UK team of upwards of 40 consultants with experience in this space. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to deliver across the Customer & Channel Management spectrum.
- KPMG is a global network of member firms and as a result we have subject matter experts across the globe, from North America to Africa, Europe and Asia-Pacific. We are able to offer a truly international perspective on the issues and opportunities which are driving the Customer & Channel Management agenda and are able to deploy teams which draw on global capability in this space.
- We have a strong track record of delivering highly successful Customer & Channel Management engagements for the leading players in the UK Financial Services sector and beyond.
Examples of recent Customer & Channel Management engagements include:
- Transforming the branch network of a major retail bank by designing and implementing a new way of working across the full network, resulting in a 20% sales uplift.
- Introducing end-to-end process ownership for a leading banking client to align the organisation to customer journeys, improve customer service and significantly reduce costs.
- Managing the business & technical design, build and implementation of a bank-wide digital platform, including (internet and mobile), significantly reducing delivery costs and cutting delivery timescales by a year while delivering best in market sales performamce.
- Working with a major bank to create a Voice of Customer framework linked to channel profitability to align the end-to-end business around shifting customer and economic priorities.
Time to grow up: Perspectives on customer insight and analytics in retail banking
In this era of ‘big data’, there is a clear undercurrent of change flowing through the customer insight and analytics functions at the UK’s major retail banks. In early 2012, we spoke with many of the senior decision makers involved in the space. Our research has led us to identify five key themes that should be at the top of the business agenda for bank executives, senior leaders and customer insight and analytics teams.
Please use the links below to access Perspectives, KPMG’s regular newsletter providing insights into emerging customer trends and channel developments in the Financial Services sector.
Customer & Channel Management blog
Please use the link below to access the KPMG Customer & Channel Management blog.