We aim to prevent accidents and promote good heath, safety and well-being by:
- Reducing health and safety risks associated with our business operations, as far as reasonably practicable.
- Developing a health, safety and well-being culture within KPMG.
- Actively encouraging and supporting communication on all health, safety and well-being issues within KPMG.
We shall lead, manage and coordinate a systematic approach to the managing of potential risks and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
KPMG places great importance on the health, safety and wellbeing of all its employees, working with staff at all levels, to maintain optimum health and wellbeing within a safe working environment.
Work and health are central to all our lives, therefore KPMG have committed to offering the following services:
- Workplace risk assessments
- Risk assessments
- Advice on travelling/working overseas
- Advice for home workers
- Accident reporting
KPMG have received no breaches, notices, prosecutions or enforcement action during the past three years.
KPMG have obtained 10 consecutive Gold Awards from Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) leading to the Presidents Award for our health & safety management system. We have also won an international gold award (IVCA) for our health & safety training and the British Safety Council International Award for Safety for 3 consecutive years.
Health and Well-Being Policy Statement
As with all employers in the United Kingdom, KPMG is required to comply with certain specified statutory duties under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 ("the HSWA 1974”), various regulations made under the HSWA 1974.
In accordance with this Health and Safety Legislation, KPMG is committed to ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of KPMG people and any visitors to our premises. We will provide the necessary resources to ensure compliance with our policy objectives. We recognise the importance of health, safety and wellbeing and accord a high priority to these and related issues. We are committed to a process of continual improvement to meet relevant changes in business and regulatory needs.
To this end, KPMG has developed and implemented health, safety and wellbeing related support systems which are available to all of KPMG people via our intranet. We are, at the very least, committed to being compliant with current applicable health and safety legislation.
In respect of KPMG people and visitors to our premises, our aims are to:
- Prevent accidents and promote good health, safety and wellbeing.
- Reduce, as far as we can, any health and safety risks associated with our business operations.
- Develop a health, safety and wellbeing culture amongst KPMG people.
- Actively encourage and support communication on all health, safety and wellbeing issues within our organisation.
Everyone at KPMG is required to understand that we all have health and safety responsibilities. Our managers and partners are role models and lead by example, ensuring that KPMG people are encouraged and able to manage their own health, safety and wellbeing within a supportive environment.
This policy and associated documentation will be regularly monitored, reviewed and updated to ensure that our objectives are achieved.
This policy is available to all KPMG people via our intranet.
If you would like to find out more about our Health and Safety strategy and our targets for improvement please e-mail us.