The current business landscape is constantly changing due to uncertain political, economic and social factors. As a result there is a greater than ever emphasis on businesses to keep agile and stay ahead of the competition. Having effective policies and processes within an organisation is therefore considered key to unlocking the potential of its value chain, respond to constantly changing business dynamics, and manage its risk exposure.
Our Policy and Process Governance (PPG) services aim to assist your organisation overcome different challenges and obstacles and help you realise the benefits of effectively managing your policies and processes.
'Sustain & Enhance'
||Development of Policies & Procedures
||Policy & Process Management Framework
||Making PPG business-as-usual
||Development or Review of Policies & Procedures:
- Risk-based process reviews
- Policy alignment
- Policy modeling & development
||Development of Policy & Process Management framework:
- Governance structure
- PPG processes & tools
- PPG policies
- Performance monitoring mechanisms
- Policy & Process Management Technology Selection & Implementation
- PPG Quality-Performance Review
- Review of policies and processes across the organisation (identification of control gaps, inefficiencies, etc.)
- Policy modelling and alignment
- Documentation of policies and processes
- Formalise and develop framework and structure for reviewing policies and processes in view of changes in the external environment, internal organisational changes or changes in strategies:
- Governance structure for the policy/process management programme
- Methodology and tools to identify and review processes for improvement
- Performance monitoring mechanism to trigger future review
- Selection of tool/technology (e.g. Sharepoint, GRC tools, Oracle Policy Automation)
- Project Management of technology implementation
- Change Management (training and communication)
- Identification of key gaps and areas of improvements in existing Policy Management practices
- Benchmarked existing practices to leading practices within similar industry/operations
||How KPMG helped
|One of the largest retail malls in the Middle East|
- A review and re-designing of critical customer and tenant related operational processes to achieve the desired level of performance, customer experience, service excellence and governance.
- Conducted an operational diagnosis based on interviews with key stakeholders and benchmarking to better industry practices and applicable standards and frameworks.
- Conducted focus groups with process owners and content providers to gain an understanding of the processes and identify the key expectation gaps/issues of the mall.
- Designed and documented policies and procedures and any related tools and templates needed to deploy the new/revised processes.
- Defined and documented any necessary performance indicators to ensure the adoption of the new/revised BPMs and alignment with the customer experience, service excellence and tenant experience objectives.
- Conducted handover sessions to assist the client with deployment.
- Improvements to operational processes in terms of internal controls and risk management.
- Documented policies and procedures manuals and checklists for ongoing monitoring of mall operations.
- Empowerment/authorisation matrices developed helped to achieve the appropriate customer experience and governance.
- Ongoing change management support (e.g. communication plan) helped to sustain the re-designed operations.
|A global shipping and logistics company|
- A comprehensive set of policy & operational manuals retained in a central depository.
- Current documentation of policies & operational manuals are in different forms and formats, and are incomplete and not up-to-date.
- A process to maintain and update the manuals consistently.
- An assessment of its significant risk areas and how best to manage them without compromising operational efficiency.
- Designed an integrated framework for policies & operational framework.
- Developed a 'blueprint' for implementing the risk and control self assessment (RCSA) framework in the company
- Identified the major risk areas in the processes and developed RCSA questionnaire.
- Identified process champions for the in-scope processes.
- Documented the policies and operational manuals with detailed flowcharts.
- Developed the process for centralisation and management of the manuals and RCSA questionnaire.
- Assisted in evaluating and selecting the best-fit system architecture and development roadmap.
- Developed change management plan and conducted training sessions for pilot implementation.
- Recommendations provided enabled management to overcome the deficiencies identified within their current self-assessment framework.
- Updated policies and operational manuals.
- Defined roles and responsibilities of various process owners and users.
- Functional specifications have been developed and prioritised.
- Change management plan and an effective communication plan helped to raise awareness and achieve practical buy-in throughout the business.
|A large local government agency|
|A detailed study of its key processes to aid in corporate governance and optimise efficiency via usage of appropriate technological platforms.
- Conducted focus groups with relevant process owners and content providers to gain deeper understanding of their current process as well as the challenges and issues in achieving the process objectives.
- Designed To-Be processes based on users’ needs, industry best practices as well as evaluation of the client's business and operating environment.
- Facilitated discussions on the design of To-Be processes to garner buy-in from process owners and users.
- Identified key change issues through various discussion forums with process owners and users.
- Interconnectivities between various in-scope processes have been highlighted during the process consultancy. Redundancies and inefficiencies have been eliminated through the design of an end-to-end seamless process flow.
- Roles & responsibilities of various process owners and users have been clarified and streamlined through the course of this project.
- Key change issues and possible change implementation action plans are highlighted for the client’s consideration during implementation stage.
Head of Risk Consulting
Partner, Risk Consulting