- Globally, the recent economic crisis with its high-profile corporate failures has turned the spotlight on corporate governance. While on one hand, regulators are strengthening regulations and making it more prescriptive, companies are revisiting their governance structures, disclosure practices, risk management practices, etc. in an effort to regain investor confidence and counter increasing shareholder activism.
- In India, while the effects of economic crisis have been minimal, corporate governance has been brought to the fore by businesses seeking to establish a global footprint and build their reputation at a global level. These companies are therefore looking at improving their corporate governance practices not just to achieve compliance but to help them improve their businesses and position them for competitive advantage.
- Our professionals have the experience of working with large cap, small to mid-cap companies and private equity investors in improving corporate governance practices and structures. We also have the experience of working with corporate boards to undertake meaningful self assessments and improve their oversight processes.
- Our approach to governance transformation is holistic and goes beyond the board of directors and regulatory compliance, encompassing areas such as:
Board operations and oversight
- Board processes and structures
- Board and audit committee effectiveness assessments
- Subsidiary management
- Legal and regulatory
- Integrity and ethics
- Human capital
- Communication and external relationships
Risk and Assurance
- Risk management
- Internal control systems
- CEO, CFO Certification
- Fraud risk management
Our Services and Solutions