Value Added Tax (VAT) raises complex issues for many businesses, whether trading internationally or domestically.
KPMG in Ireland has one of the largest VAT teams in the country, comprising approximately 50 professionals located in our Dublin, Belfast, Cork and Galway offices. The team advises clients in many industry sectors, including financial services, property, high-tech manufacturing and electronic commerce operations.
The KPMG in Ireland VAT team is an integral part of an extensive international network of KPMG VAT professionals, spanning jurisdictions where VAT or similar indirect taxes may be an issue.
How we can help
- High level VAT reviews to identify VAT saving opportunities, compliance efficiencies and potential exposure to VAT liabilities
- Devising and implementing planning strategies to help reduce VAT liabilities and costs, particularly for clients without full VAT recovery
- Advising on the VAT treatment of high value transactions, such as property and M&A transactions
- Advising on Revenue VAT audits, including pre-audit reviews and subsequent dealings with Revenue officials.
- VAT compliance services, both in Ireland and internationally, including VAT registration, VAT returns and cross-border VAT reclaims
- Development and preparation of VAT compliance manuals
- Provision of tailored training to staff responsible for internal management of VAT.
If you require further information on VAT issues, please contact Niall Campbell or any member of our tax team.
KPMG’s Global Indirect Tax Brief brings you the latest news on indirect tax developments from around the world. As indirect tax rates continue to increase and the rules become more complex, maintaining an awareness of changes in this area is critical to ensure that they are implemented, reported and managed appropriately.