Our dedicated team, comprising full-time chartered quantity surveyors and tax professionals, works with our clients to prepare maximised and compliant tax depreciation / capital allowances claims.
Since our foundation, we have built a bespoke claim methodology, which has been tried and tested under a significant number of Revenue audits.
We are the only adviser in Ireland to combine experience in construction, property, surveying, tax and accounting; this unique offering and our extensive knowledge helps ensure our clients’ claims are maximised and robust.
Who Can Claim?
Generally speaking, owner-occupiers, investors, landlords and lessees can claim where they’ve incurred capital expenditure for the purposes of a trade on any of the following:
- The purchase of property – new or second-hand
- Construction of a new building
- Owner-occupier fit-out / refurbishment projects
- Landlord or lessee fit-out / refurbishment projects
- Ongoing fixed asset addition claims.
How Can KPMG Help?
KPMG’s Tax Depreciation Group can assist with the following areas:
- Wear and tear allowances claims for qualifying plant and machinery (P&M)
- Industrial building allowances (IBA) claims for qualifying industrial buildings
- Energy efficient capital allowances claims
- “Repair” claims
- Look-back claims
- Ongoing annual fixed assets expenditure
- Agreeing claims with Revenue
- Ensuring claims are fully compliant.
Tax Depreciation: Benefits
- Minimise tax payments.
- Improve cash flow.
This information is by no means exhaustive – contact us if you think you may be in a position to benefit from tax depreciation / capital allowances. We would be delighted to discuss your particular circumstances or carry out an initial assessment of your capex to see if there is a potential opportunity for us to assist – this is, of course, offered to you at no cost.