KPMG’s Intellectual Property tax practice advises a wide range of clients on Ireland’s intellectual property (IP) regime.
Whether your business is in pharmaceuticals, biotech, medical devices, software, electronics, food and drink or renewable energy, intellectual property and intangible assets are likely to be core parts of what makes your business different and successful. We have the technical knowledge and practical experience to help you maximise your IP opportunities.
The Finance Act 2009 introduced tax relief for capital expenditure on a broad range of intangible assets. The range of assets qualifying for relief is extensive and includes brands, trademarks, copyrights, publishing rights and patents. Companies carrying on a trade are entitled to claim a tax write-off for the capital cost of purchasing or developing qualifying intangible assets.
How We Can Help
- Maximising deductions for IP purchases
- Licensing using Ireland’s IP regime
- Valuation of IP
- Securing tax-free patent income up to €5m per annum
- Ensuring your Irish IP strategy works with your home country tax and legal system
- Identifying qualifying intangible assets for the new relief
- Maximising relief available under the new intangible assets regime.