The increasing complexity of software bundles, the high manufacturing costs faced by semiconductor companies and the continuing consolidation among telecom equipment manufacturers are among the structural shifts likely to have long term impact.
KPMG can help companies to address the opportunities and risks that change brings.
Working closely with indigenous and multinational companies, we have extensive capabilities in the technology arena, with specific emphasis on electronics, software and services. Our deep industry knowledge and experience means we can help you manage the challenges you face. We work with a large portfolio of clients and are experienced in:
- Structuring of technology businesses, including outsourcing and changing revenue and distribution models.
- Exploitation of intellectual property, including R&D tax credits
- Managing global transfer pricing
- Providing advice on appropriate accounting standards and principles, and advising on conversion projects (IFRS, Irish GAAP and US GAAP)
- Helping to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and other regulations
- Creating and managing shareholder wealth
- Dealing with cross-border assignees, including tax planning, visas, pensions, share schemes and legal matters
- Audit and risk advisory services
- Internal audit services
- Mergers and acquisitions support and advice, from pre-deal through to post-merger integration.
We work as an integral part of KPMG’s European and global industry groups, helping clients tackle tough problems. Our constantly evolving methodologies are tailored to meet specific client needs and address current market issues, and our services help technology businesses to create value.
To help you realise value and contribute to a more profitable, efficient and focused business, please contact us.