KPMG provides regulatory advisory services across the financial services spectrum, offering strong technical advice along with practical business knowledge.
Many leading financial service organisations turn to KPMG’s regulatory professionals to enhance their value and abilities in key areas such as:
- Steering institutions through the Financial Regulator’s authorisation process and assisting in the setup of compliance frameworks and, where appropriate, tailoring group wide policies and procedures to the local environment, and harmonising multi-country operations into a single compliance approach
- Providing an independent assessment of institutions’ capital adequacy/solvency position and Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process
- Developing and assessing reporting frameworks for the submission of statistical and prudential regulatory returns to the Central Bank and Financial Services Authority of Ireland
- Assessing the effectiveness of existing compliance frameworks and benchmarking compliance arrangements against established industry best practice
- Developing and assessing risk based anti-money laundering arrangements and controls
- Supporting institutions’ assessments of the impact of new directives/requirements and preparations for implementation
- Performing regulatory due diligence investigations, in conjunction with transaction services and tax colleagues, for acquisitions, disposals, and management buy-outs.
What's in it for You?
Regulatory demands are onerous. Failure to comply can result in penalties, fines and damaged reputations. To keep you on track, KPMG's regulatory advisers can help by:
- Enhancing your ability to meet regulatory requirements and to mitigate risk of failure
- Optimising processes to drive out efficiencies and cost savings
- Developing a more efficient capital model through a demonstrably stronger control environment
- Ensuring regulatory requirements are embedded throughout the organisation.
We have a dedicated team of regulatory professionals who can bring a multi-disciplinary approach to delivering a business-focused strategy for managing regulatory change. Where required, our regulatory team has access to professionals in KPMG’s other advisory practices and can draw on accounting, forensics, actuarial, IT and other advisers during the course of any work that we undertake.