In the recent years, declining trends of oil and gas production along with an increase in local demand have highlighted Indonesia’s oil and gas industry. The Government is keen to increase production while stabilizing the current market price.
The oil and gas industry in Indonesia faces a challenging environment and competitive landscape. KPMG Indonesia’s oil and gas professionals can help companies understand and react to a number of industry wide issues, including:
- significant investment needs
- uncertainty of operational success
- increasing pressure for cost rationalization
- increasing regulatory and reporting requirements
- overlapping roles of the central, provincial and regional governments
- safety and environmental concerns