The main work of our group covers the following areas:
- Transfer pricing reviews – these are designed to assist in identifying related party transactions, potential areas of challenge, materiality of exposure and recommendations on remedial action. Our recommendations are always practically focused, i.e. within the constraints of group policy.
- Compliance with Hungarian statutory documentation requirements of Decree 18/2003 – although this represents an additional burden, it is also an opportunity to highlight the strengths of a transaction with appropriate presentation and wording. We can assist in either producing guidelines and advice on how to comply or prepare the documentation on your behalf.
- Drafting transfer pricing policies – for Hungarian groups expanding abroad, we offer structuring advice for related-party prices throughout a value chain. Through our global network of member firms we can establish the parameters for each of the relevant jurisdictions.
- Dispute resolution – should the tax authorities query any aspect relating to transfer pricing, we offer support in suggesting defense strategies, in preparing documentation or by participating in discussions and tax authority appeals.
- Arm's length margin support – by utilizing widely accepted databases and search strategies, we are able to provide multiple year data for a variety of profitability indicators in the market. The data we can access allows information to be obtained for a particular country or region. This data can then be used to support a margin under the cost plus, resale minus or another acceptable methodology.
- Training – for larger groups, we can run training workshops for your accounting department or other personnel covering transfer pricing diagnostics, documentation techniques, co-ordination within the group or any other transfer pricing related subject which corresponds to the particular needs at that time.