This issue of Sustainable Insight provides a preview into the Rio+20 United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development that will take place in Rio de Janeiro in June 2012.
More than 50,000 participants from governments, businesses, NGOs and lobby groups are expected to convene in the Brazilian city with the goals of:
- renewing global political commitment to sustainable development
- assessing progress to date (on sustainable development), and
- addressing new and emerging challenges.
Discussions will be focused on delivering a green global economy: Rio+20 could mark a sea change in awareness of resource efficiency and green economic growth.
KPMG encourages you to keep an eye on Rio+20 and what happens afterwards. This publication aims to provides you with a clear overview of the event and asks:
- Rio+20 – what is it all about?
- What will the outcome of Rio+20 be?
- What is in the Rio+20 action plan that is relevant to business?
- What role is business playing in the Rio+20 process?
- What did the 1992 Rio “Earth Summit” achieve?
Download your copy of Sustainable Insight today to learn more about KPMG’s point of view on what may, or may not, happen in Rio.
And don’t forget to follow Yvo de Boer at Rio+20 on Twitter.