Companies competing in today's consumer markets have experienced unprecedented change that has resulted in retail and consumer products companies facing:
- Increasingly demanding consumers
- Global expansion by retailers
- Consolidation and concentration on major brands among suppliers
- Concerns about safety, quality, and ethical sourcing, leading to increasing regulation
- New technologies
- Issues in dealing with new markets and economic uncertainty
To assist companies in this complex and fast evolving environment, KPMG works closely with its clients to help them understand the implications. We help clients develop appropriate approaches and organizational responses, manage the business and technology risks, and put in place the necessary implementation programs in a timely and effective manner. KPMG's approach is based on understanding the issues affecting the marketplace within the retail, food and drink, and consumer products sub-sectors.