IT Advisory focuses on the risks specifically pertaining to the technology systems used to support clients’ business objectives through providing advice and solutions that assist in releasing value from information technology.
- How to target and secure the optimum business benefits from your transformation programmes and supporting IT investments
- How to ensure your technology strategy and delivery organisation is effectively supporting your business objectives
- How to ensure that the business functions and the technology delivery team work as partners in delivering value for the business
- How to ensure you build the best programme team with sufficient experience of delivering transformation programmes
- How to ensure your business has access to information which enables management to make confident, accurate and timely decisions.
We work with clients to analyze business technology issues within their businesses. A client might approach us for assistance with:
- — we work with clients to develop a clear IT strategy that fully supports their business objectives
- — we offer guidance on the most appropriate strategies for outsourcing or offshoring IT services, and ensure that effective controls are implemented
- – we work with clients to help identify the most effective ways to take costs out of a business
- — we examine various aspects of processes and technology, and make recommendations for helping to optimize efficiency. This is one of the areas where IT can have the greatest impact
- — we are well placed to assist organizations with regulatory and compliance needs. We have a great deal of experience in identifying and controlling financial and operational risks embedded in business systems.
We focus on the business impact of technology rather than systems implementation, and we are not tied to any hardware or software suppliers. As a result, our advice is independent and geared to the specific needs of each client.
- Increased alignment of technology and business strategy
- Earlier and reliable delivery of business benefits
- Reduced risk of major project failure and delays
- Helping the business functions and IT team to work effectively together
- Competitive advantage, from improved financial and management reporting, enabling fast incisive commercial decisions.
- Our experienced teams have the insight to help you avoid common pitfalls, to reduce the risk and increase the success of your investments
- Our multi-disciplinary teams help ensure an appropriate balance of technical, business and industry knowledge to shape the best outcome for our clients
- We focus on the factors that drive success by targeting and delivering business results rather than purely technical outcomes
- We are only interested in the best outcome for our clients and are not compromised by vested interest or a desire to deliver a particular technology.
We understand the need to keep pace with technology and take advantage of the tremendous opportunities offered by technological innovation, but we are also aware of the risks involved and the responsibility at the Board level to control these risks.
Increasingly, with the global nature of many organizations, we are aware of the need to develop innovative solutions that are repeatable and easily distributable. As a global organization ourselves, we are able to provide global support where necessary. We bring to clients:
- a team of over 6000 experienced professionals, equipped with strong business skills, as well as in-depth sector knowledge and specialist IT skills
- a consistent, integrated global platform
- the combined resources of one of the world’s leading business advisory networks.
KPMG’s IT Advisory team is a trusted advisor to the Boards of some of the world’s largest multinational organizations. We operate in the developed markets and in the key emerging economies of Central and Eastern Europe, Central and South America and Asia-Pacific.