When it comes to selling a business, a successful strategy requires active portfolio management and a well-planned divestment process. As an objective third-party advisor, we can help you:
- analyze your business portfolio to maximize shareholder value
- assess exit strategies
- prepare the business for exit
- execute an efficient divestment process
- mitigate transaction risks
- enhance your retained business.
Our integrated team of specialists helps you ask and answer the key questions with confidence through the critical stages in planning and executing divestitures.
- Analyze the current and potential value of your business portfolio and assess the risks, benefits and feasibility of selected divestiture options to develop your strategic approach
- Develop your value story from the buyer’s point of view. KPMG’s corporate finance professionals assist you in targeting and screening the right buyers, contact them on your behalf and help ensure you have the information needed to satisfy potential bidders and support the sale process.
- Make sure investors have the information they need and minimize value leakage during separation. Analyzing the best deal structure and outlining the required steps will help bidders understand potential cost and revenue synergies.
- Manage the deal strategically by planning the separation thoroughly and anticipating questions from the buyer before you are ready to sign.
- Stay in control of the closing process by identifying regulatory requirements, firming up your separation plans, and verifying what support the buyer needs.
- Close the deal efficiently to achieve real results, taking care to mitigate separation risks, help the investor exit the transition service agreements (TSAs) and implement the stranded cost mitigation plan in the retained business.
Our Deal Advisory professionals are forward-looking specialists who combine deep sector knowledge with the foresight that comes from experience, to help you stay in front of the issues and avoid loss of value. From helping you understand the potential risks and rewards of a divestiture to supporting you in minimizing value leakage, we assess your situation and support your negotiating position to maximize the sales price and execute the deal with minimal disruption to business operations.