Creating and setting up a new joint venture or business combination requires specialized skills. KPMG East Africa’s joint venture experts can support you from pre-deal strategy through to implementation and governance as you:
- develop an effective strategy and business plan
- identify the market opportunity and potential partners
- appraise the options and design the partnership
- execute the deal and plan the implementation
- power up your joint venture or business combination.
Our integrated team of specialists helps you ask and answer the key questions with confidence through the critical stages from planning to operation.
- Develop a strategy and then determine if a partnership is the best way to achieve your goals.
- Target the right markets by analyzing market opportunity and identifying potential partners.
- Identify the best way to create value and the key success criteria. A thorough evaluation process will prepare forecasts, build business models, evaluate the risks and document the investment case.
- Design a practical operating model, legal structure, governance framework, value principles and exit strategy.
- Develop an effective and efficient deal process. Support your negotiations by drafting key documentation and testing partnership scenarios to increase protection and value.
- Ensure efficient governance and monitoring, synergy deliverance and an effective transition with a practical implementation plan.
- Prioritize issues, particularly cultural ones, and resolve them in a timely and effective manner. Tracking progress and identifying issues early will help you power up successfully.
In some situations, the best option may be to exit the joint venture. Using a non-traditional, tailored approach to meet your needs, our globally experienced joint venture practitioners can help to preserve maximum value at this critical point of the life cycle. Whether you’re evaluating the risks and rewards of a potential opportunity, identifying potential issues or executing the deal, we give you confidence from creation to exit.