- Go over your application form, as the interviewers have short-listed you based primarily on the contents of this form. It is important to remain familiar with your profile as depicted in the its contents. Your job is to sell yourself and highlight the positive contribution you can make to KPMG.
- Do your homework and research about the firm. Ask questions that show you have sufficient knowledge about KPMG.
- Formulate your thoughts; be prepared to explain why you opted for KPMG and why you are a good fit for the firm.
- Look the part - always wear proper attire and greet your interviewer with a smile, eye contact and a firm handshake.
- Be positive and project a good attitude. It is not meant to be a painful experience.
- Provide meaningful answers to the interviewers questions. Give examples to demonstrate your skill and capabilities.
- Market yourself – show that you are well-rounded and can speak beyond what appears on your application form.
- Use a balance of academic, work experience and extra-curricular activities in your examples. You can give more than one example per question.
- Make sure you listen to and answer each question – don’t go off on a tangent. If you don’t fully understand a question, ask the interviewer to repeat it.
- Be enthusiastic. Show your interviewers you are excited about the prospect of developing a career with with KPMG.
- Relax, take plenty of deep breaths and enjoy the process.