KPMG’s representation in Africa is collectively referred to as the KPMG Africa Region and is broken down into five clusters:
- Southern Africa (South Africa, Botswana, Swaziland, Mauritius, Namibia)
- East Africa (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda)
- West Africa (Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone, The Gambia)
- Central Africa (Zimbabwe, Malawi, Zambia)
- Lusophone Africa (Angola and Mozambique).
KPMG's African region's objectives are to provide consistent, high-quality services to multinational, regional and local clients, enhancing the service offering in certain previously under-serviced markets and growing new markets. We operate seamlessly across the region, which benefits our clients as they have direct access to our outstanding professionals who are working together across the continent to deliver value.